Friday, April 2, 2010


March's showers have brought April Flower to Portland this year. Last fall Maria brought me over a big bag of Tulip bulbs and Riley and Brooke helped me plant them in the planter boxes. Early in March they began peeking through the dead alyssm and by the second week in March we were pulling out the dead stuff and able to watch this miracle take place. The daffadils were mixed in and have already come and gone. All thats left are the gorgeous Tulips.
Each time I drive up I think of Maria...and the kids. And SMILE. They left signs of their love here for me. God sends His signs of that same kind of love every spring. That set me thinking about the rest of our beautiful world. I love the color of spring grass. That bright yellow green that speaks of new life. I love the pink and white blossoms on the fruit trees...and I love the aroma of LILACS...they are just coming on . I also love that starting next Wednesday the days are suppose to be dry and warm for an extended period of time! That means we can go out and get the yard cleaned up and mowed, get our garden ready..and we can start walking outside again. I just love springtime. It makes me suddenly see everything that has been hidden all winter...Makes me want to clean every window and shine every surface...its probably a good thing that it rains every other day in Oregon...IMAGINE what I could accomplish if I got two days of sunshine in a row! Again God knows what He is doing! Daddy is home with me tonight. He has been working early and late hours all week. Poor man is really tired tonight. I am so thankful to have him in my life, and thankful for the hope of springtime. Jesus Christ resurrected...He did it, and He lives again...that hope makes my heart filled with joy...Guy and I can be together eternally...this I know of love, it is not meant to ever die...death can never seperate us for long!



Thank you Maria, this was the best of gifts!


No comments:

Post a Comment