Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Oh That GUY

Hey ya all, I'm doing the hen peck thing so we'll see how long this turns out to be.As you can tell from the previou posts...daddy is the man! He fusses around and over me a ton. In fact he runs the vacumn and does the dishes before he heads off to work.....and bless the man...he drags himself off to work now...all the harder cause retirement is now a reailty and I am usually still snug in bed. I cant imagine me cleaning,cooking and taking care of someone who gets to lay around doing pretty much nothing for a month and not ending up resenting it......but not my sweet eternal companion. He writes me sweet cards and leaves them for me to find during the day....amazing huh. When I was searching for him as a kid, I thought that I had a pretty demanding list of who I thought he needed to be. He has filled all my dreams and then been so much more...all I ever never knew that I needed. I laugh when people warn me that
I will go crazy having him home with me all of the time...getting in the way. Thats never been a problem for us...and I honestly count the days like a kid till we can be like that...what concerns me more is who I need need to be, as a young girl I knew in my prideful little heart that Iwas clean and pure and Deserved that boy I was looking for...but now, after all of these years of living with this wonderful man, I am alot more insecure about who I am as a worthy companion for him. Its interesting the lessons lifes experiences teach us. I am so thankful for that careful choice I made all those years ago that has brought me such happiness and gotten me to this wonderful stage of life...pray for me that i can hang tight to DADDYS COAT TAILS as he zips us through these retirement years! In my eyes he is SUPER MAN....cant you see us flying!

1 comment: