Sunday, January 16, 2011

Success!

Hi,
Mom went into surgery last Thursday. I took the day off to be with her. We went in at 10:30 thinking we could get a jump on the crowd, but we did not get in until 11:36. The prep to ok forever, since mom's viens are so tiny. After three sticks, they got the a vein so they could start the medicaation to put her out. Yes, mom was glad she did not have to be await. they started the surgery at 1:30 and she was done about 3:30pm. Recovery till about 5:30 and home by 6:00pm. Just about an all day affair!
The Docotor was very pleased with the operation and feels that Cathy will be satisfied with the results. #1 the pain should be gone and They took their time to get it right. The procedure was a little different since she had the cosmetic surery before becasue of the bruise, and to miss that area she made a different cut but took care of most the problem areas. Time will tell, but she is resting and out of pain due to the medication
I know I have been a poor nurse, but I am all she has!
Love you all,
Dad

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure you're a great help! Just keep her drugged up and let her rest. ;)
    We love you guys and are so glad that the surgery went well. Miss you! Glad I could help you with your blog tonight. I love to read it, so keep on posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun talking last night....tell Patti you need more BREAD! I love you and give Mom a big hug from all of us here in Utah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOO glad everything went well! We are thinking of her :) Love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  4. It wont let me post a comment on your latest post. Glad mom's progressing well.

    First you hang up on her and then you buy her a $10 card? You really know the way to a woman's heart. LOL. Love you guys.

    Sorry I couldn't talk long today. I had to feed Gavin after I put the girls hair in curlers. They stole the phone and took it downstairs!

    ReplyDelete