Wednesday, January 21, 2009

What a Man


Its been a cold busy week. I don't know whats up with Oregons weather this year but its been horribly cold. We had that deep snowfall hit during the holidays and this last week we have had artic winds whipping through Gresham that has put it below zero out. The wind is howling day and night nonstop. Some of the winds are for hours up to 50 miles and hour. After all the holiday wet, the trees in the wind are being uprooted. In just one hours time on Sunday I saw 4 different huge trees that had fallen between here and a couple blocks in radius. I didnt include the top of one of our very own bluespruce trees in that. We were pretty lucky that it fell behind our neighbors truck on not on top of it. Guy and I went out in that cold and pulled the thing over to our property as best we could and then daddy decided it needed to be cut up some so that we could move it the rest of the way over. It was incredibly heavy ! I used to think thats what I had kids for, I am so thankful that Daddy was here. Could you imagine me out there trying to use a hand saw on that thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment