Thursday, March 19, 2009

Getting zzzzz's

So its 2:20 am and I just got off the new.familysearch site. I have been on it trying to get things cleaned up for the last couple of hours. Earlier tonight I talked with Maria about a book that I picked up on the exchange rack at the library. Its called The Ruins....yup, I had also just gone to the redbox and seen that it has been made into a movie...an R rated movie at that. I was about half of the way into the book and so far hadnt encountered anything that was R rated it just seemed like a silly sy fi book to me....and I had glanced at the ending to see if the people made it off of the hill and it appeared that they had....so I decided to skim the rest of the book...I hate to leave a book in the middle...anyways, it took me about an hour or so to skim through the rest of it and then an hour of laying in bed listening to daddy snore, wishing that I hadnt. I was wrong about my assumptions from reading the last couple of pages....the whole group of kids got wiped out on this hill by carviverous vines....okay...sounds dorky but even skimming and not really reading the whole content was enough to give me the eby jebbies...it reminded me of when I was a kid...probably 4th grade and we were at a girls slumber party and someone told me about a girl who got an ant up her nose and it made this big bumb that she eventually poked at with her fork and a ton of ants came out! Yup, I remember it to this day! I dont think this book hit me quite that hard because there was stuff in it that was inconsistant and that bugs me when i can find obvious flaws in the writers stuff....but enough that I wished I hadnt pursuded it. The thought of vines growing inside someone is gross...now if it had been tapeworms or something then I would have been having nightmares! Why do we do stuff like that to ourselves? Even knowing...I should have just put it down and then I would not be up at this rediculous hour telling you all how stupid I am. Oh well, some good came out of it. Instead of laying there in bed listening to daddy snore, I decided to get up and do something productive cause you can bet you lucky stars that I am gonna be sleeping in tomorrow morning. Daddy will get up in 3 hours to start his day and with my luck...I will just be finally settling in. Theres some advantages to this getting old stuff after all! This whole thing reminds me of the saying from the old FHE movies about the snake that the kid picked up and carried up the mountain with him and then it bit him...well, ...."You knew what I was when You picked me up" ... Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment